Header

Monday, May 9, 2016

A Green Smoothie That Actually Tastes Good


Whenever I make a green smoothie, many people ask me if it actually tastes good, or if it just looks good. Let me tell you - this recipe is always a no fail with my mom and brother who say they can't even taste the greens. And making it a little thicker into a bowl makes eating this so much more enjoyable. There are no added sweeteners, and only require a few ingredients. Packed with protein, omega-3, fiber, and so much more, this recipe is my go-to for breakfast or after a workout. If you've never had a green smoothie, I'm sure you'll love this recipe even if you don't like spinach. 

Ingredients:
-1 frozen banana (it must be frozen when there are brown spots for the most sweetness)
-large handful of spinach
-handful of any frozen berries 
-1 T nut butter
-1/4 cup almond milk (more or less depending on if you want a bowl or drink)
-1 T hemp seeds
-1/2 T chia seeds
-any toppings you'd like!

Directions:
1. Put all of the ingredients into a high powered blender. I like to put the spinach in first, as it guarantees a completely smooth consistency.
2. Blend until smooth. If you're making a bowl, only add a little bit of milk in the beginning, and then add more or desired consistency. 
3. Serve with your favorite toppings or plain.


2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! I have been trying to find the perfect green smoothie recipe!
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome recipe! I'm on a smoothie kick right now, and I'm always looking for new recipes!

    ReplyDelete