Header

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Baked Sweet Potato Fries



If you know me, you'd know that my favorite food in the entire world has to be sweet potatoes. I love sweet potatoes in pretty much all forms, but my favorite way to make them are by just baking them in the oven. Oh my they are so good. I've tried and failed many times on making these, but now this recipe is finally perfected in how to have them cooked perfectly, while still being low-fat. Oh yeah.
The spices that you want to use are completely up to you - from savory to sweet have fun with it! I just use my favorite spices in this recipe, and it's my go to.
* I don't really measure anything in this recipe, just use your best judgement on the seasonings. 
Ingredients:
-Sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
-2 tsp coconut oil or oil of choice
-seasonings: salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. After cutting the potatoes, pat as much excess moisture out as possible.
3. Cover with the oil and toss. Add in the seasonings and mix until evenly coated.
4. Bake on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil for easy cleanup, and a wire rack on top. 
5. Bake for about 30-40minutes until desired color. ENJOY!
I love dipping these with just plain ketchup, a mixture of sriracha+mayo, or mustard+maple syrup. ohhhhh ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment