Header

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

My Go-To Burrito Bowl (Vegan)



I've been experimenting with eating more plant based foods recently, and this burrito bowl has been my favorite for bringing to work. It is so easy to make, and also saves me a ton of money instead of going to qdoba! Sometimes I make this into more of a salad by adding lots of spinach, or by putting everything into a wrap to change it up. I know when I go back to college this month I'll be eating this all the time.

Ingredients:
- cooked brown rice
- corn, beans, onion, bell pepper
- your favorite salsa
- taco seasoning (or sub with cumin, garlic, and onion powder)
- nutritional yeast (optional)

Directions:
1. Drain and rinse the corn and beans. In a sautee pan, cook the vegetables in a little bit of oil. Add the taco seasoning. 
2. With your prepared brown rice, top with the vegetables, extra seasoning, and salsa.

It's literally that easy but incredibly fresh and delicious. This would also be perfect to bring to a potluck and just customize it anyway you'd like.



No comments:

Post a Comment