Header

Monday, August 8, 2016

Small Town Exploring



A couple of weeks ago I had a rare saturday off from work, so my parents and I ventured out to the cute little town of Saugatuck, Michigan. None of us had ever been there before but it was only 45 minutes away. We parked by the lake and just walked around exploring the shops and cute little restaurants. Days like this remind me to always take time to relax and spend it with family. Also, I always forget how much of beautiful, beautiful michigan there is to explore.







Isn't my mom just the cutest? 
Some of my favorite places we went to was a restaurant called The Southerner, which had some great soul food, Swell Times, a vintage store with a lot of collectable items, and Glik's, a lakeside boutique that's also in other cities with affordable but vey trendy pieces. Saugatuck is such a creative place and much different from other small michigan towns I've been to. Everyone was so kind with people just sitting on their wooden porch helping us with directions, and taking pictures of us. I can't believe it was my first time visiting and it's only forty five minutes away. My next stop: Pentwater, Michigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment