Header

Monday, November 28, 2016

19 Things I Learned at 19


Another year older, another wiser? It sure doesn't feel like it, but I could easily write more than enough lessons I've learned this past year. Your girl is finally not a teenager anymore (I'm actually pretty sad about it),  but I'm not doing anything extravagant to celebrate this year. I'm saving that for next year of course for when I turn 21! Oh and also, please prepare yourself for some painfully cheesy, but true things I've learned this year. 
1. Check your pay stubs every week.
2. Drink lots and lots of water.
3. Sleep for at least six hours a night.
4. Workout at least three times a week.
5. Say yes more.
6. Figure out how to study for a class before the first exam
7. Don't take online classes (!!!!)
8. Don't take on too many extracurriculars (and it's okay to drop some)
9. Save save save your money.
10. Take every internship interview as learning experience
11. Going out on a weekday is never a good idea
12. Stay in contact with your high school friends!!
13. Spend more time with your family.
14. Make friends with other people in your major.
15. Shop at fresh thyme on wednesdays (double deals) and never ever at whole foods.
16. The only place to find affordable short jeans is at aeropastale (lol)
17. Count. your. drinks.
18. You can say no to boys and not feel bad about it! (for reals)
19. It's ok to not have everything figured out.

I hope you learned one or two things from me and my mistakes, because that's what I'm here for... okay but let's be real, I'm most excited about being able to put "twenty-something" in my twitter bio. So there's that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment