Header

Sunday, February 19, 2017

My Favorite Health and Fitness Youtubers

A couple of months ago I wrote a post all about body image, and since then have really been into going to the gym and eating healthy. This is the first time in a long time where I actually want to go to the gym and really love it - I even wake up before class to do so (what is happening to me??). I haven't loved exercise this much since high school where I was able to play tennis six days a week, and I think it mainly has to do with the fact that I will not do the same workout two times in a row. I'll go on youtube and find something new to try each time, focusing on a different muscle group each day, going for a run, or whatever my body feels like doing that day.

Recently I've been obsessed with watching health and fitness youtubers, and then making a general plan of what my workout will be beforehand. It ensures that I'm productive with my time, because if I don't, I'll end up wasting time at the gym looking up workouts that are effective. Especially since I go in the mornings, I don't have much time to begin with. I am so happy I've found these people that have given me endless amounts of inspiration and advice. I'm no longer just sticking to cardio machines, but I love using different machines and experimenting with dumbbells or barbells! I honestly never thought that I would actually look forward to going to the gym, and this is because I ALWAYS switch it up.
Whitney Simmons 
This girl's energy and personality is enough to get me out of bed in the mornings. Once, I even went at 5:30am....just because I watched one of her videos before bed. She talks about her meals, but most importantly, I love how she has taught me so many movements in the gym that I otherwise would never have tried. Especially in venturing over to the weights section of my gym that are usually filled with seemingly intimidating, older people, overall she's taught me not to care!
Sarah's Day 
From Australia, Sarah is honestly more than a fitness Youtuber, but also someone who is so genuine, kind, and relatable. She is never afraid to share when she has overindulged or just didn't feel like going to the gym. Sarah is definitely the one who kickstarted my love for the gym. Her workouts are a little different from Whitney's in that she uses less dumb bells and machines, but does more Tabata and high intensity circuits. 
Tess Begg
I love how Tess is a little younger and is my age, and also makes the most DELICIOUS vegan meals. All of her workouts I've tried have been amazing, and it's very refreshing to see someone eat a lot of food and not restrict themselves at all. All of her workouts are very doable, and it's also very helpful to see her pre/post workout meals!
Amynicolaox
Amy is less fitness based, but she still has tons of helpful videos. She lost over 80 pounds, and it gives a good perspective from someone who has been there and lost so much weight. I love her advice videos, and especially her at home workouts as well! The best thing I've learned from her is definitely balance and not being so restrictive when clean eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment